Adults with autism

Hi.  I'm the partner of someone who was only diagnosed with autism 'later in life'.  Don't know what others think, but it sometimes feels that there's nothing out there that helps partners cope with what (I think) are quite a unique set of problems and issues.

Parents
  • I wish I knew what to do . I have believed my son is high functioning autism for past 5 years. I cannot persuade him to come docs with me, come out with us, he breaks into a sweat when I put meals on table, troughs it as quick as possible. He is in his late 20 now and he gets more isolated. He communicates with our dog. I'm at a loss to know what to do. Any advice great fully received.  Note he doesn't talk to us hides in his room, no job etc etc.  I meant to say he hates light, loud noise , super intelligent, gets angry if you try to talk to him. Has rigorous routines too. Some days very stressed with headaches

• Hi I have an autistic girl who's 31 she is very young for her age . She likes her own company at the moment she is constantly talking to herself repeating words and saying random words and reading everything of the TV . I am so stressed and finder how I get through each day . I live her so much and feel helpless .

• Hi I have an autistic girl who's 31 she is very young for her age . She likes her own company at the moment she is constantly talking to herself repeating words and saying random words and reading everything of the TV . I am so stressed and finder how I get through each day . I live her so much and feel helpless .

Children
No Data