feel isolated, please say hi...

Hi Everyone,

I have recently been diagnosed with A.S.C. at my diagnosis I was told to look for literature on high functioning autism and Aspergers.

I am a mum to two boys 3 & 3 months and am trying to come to terms with my diagnosis and how to parent two children to the best of my abilities. I dont know many other parents who are in the same situation and haven't had a chance to come to terms with my diagnosis before the premature birth of my second child. Sleep depravation kicking in and I have so much to learn.

I don't fit in with other parents and am dreading playgroup and school. it was bad enough the first time around!

Thank you for reading, I look forward to looking through the discussions and hope I can be support to people too.

Parents
  • hi thoughtfulspot

I am sure you are a wonderful mum, and that's the most important thing.  My daughter was premature and I can well remember how stressful and tiring that was, and having a three year old as well must be tiring too, so get a nap whenever you can and look after yourself.

Our local children's centre has parent and child groups, and that's a good place to meet other people, and there's no pressure to interact with the other mums.

I think when the children begin to play with the other children then it's chance to say hello to the other parents.  

Activities such as painting and other creative play sometimes invovle parents as well.   You could well make friends at playgroups such as this, and then would see them later when your children move on to school, and would be able to say hello to them there while waiting for your children to come out.

Try not to worry.  Enjoy being a mum.

take care

Jen

• hi thoughtfulspot

I am sure you are a wonderful mum, and that's the most important thing.  My daughter was premature and I can well remember how stressful and tiring that was, and having a three year old as well must be tiring too, so get a nap whenever you can and look after yourself.

Our local children's centre has parent and child groups, and that's a good place to meet other people, and there's no pressure to interact with the other mums.

I think when the children begin to play with the other children then it's chance to say hello to the other parents.  

Activities such as painting and other creative play sometimes invovle parents as well.   You could well make friends at playgroups such as this, and then would see them later when your children move on to school, and would be able to say hello to them there while waiting for your children to come out.

Try not to worry.  Enjoy being a mum.

take care

Jen

Children
No Data