feel isolated, please say hi...

Hi Everyone,

I have recently been diagnosed with A.S.C. at my diagnosis I was told to look for literature on high functioning autism and Aspergers.

I am a mum to two boys 3 & 3 months and am trying to come to terms with my diagnosis and how to parent two children to the best of my abilities. I dont know many other parents who are in the same situation and haven't had a chance to come to terms with my diagnosis before the premature birth of my second child. Sleep depravation kicking in and I have so much to learn.

I don't fit in with other parents and am dreading playgroup and school. it was bad enough the first time around!

Thank you for reading, I look forward to looking through the discussions and hope I can be support to people too.

Parents
  • Thanks KateWales103, your kind support much appreciated!

I am relieved to know that I am not the only one dreading interaction at the playground! It does not come naturally to me either.  I have to act and work hard to talk to people. I never know what they are going to say or how to respond and always think of the right thing to say afterwards. I have alwasy been bullied by groups of women, so am dreading school. But on the plus side I know I have the very best intensions. I am kind and caring and always mean well. I hope that will come across to people.  It takes me at least an hour to recover from dropping my little boy off at playgroup. I really hope he doesn't pick up how much it affects me. I am trying to be strong for him. 

Having two is full on isnt it! Thankfully I have my mum close by who has been helping in the day, so I have been able to have breaks. Looking after both of them together is very intense. I feel so guilty about not being able to give them my undivided attention. 

It is actually been a big relief to get a diagnosis. I can finally stop beating myself up when I don't fit in! but also so worried how it will affect my boys. I hope I can now learn how to be a better mummy. I wish I had time to read all the books, so much to learn!!

Very best of luck with the diagnois of your 10 year old boy x

• Thanks KateWales103, your kind support much appreciated!

I am relieved to know that I am not the only one dreading interaction at the playground! It does not come naturally to me either.  I have to act and work hard to talk to people. I never know what they are going to say or how to respond and always think of the right thing to say afterwards. I have alwasy been bullied by groups of women, so am dreading school. But on the plus side I know I have the very best intensions. I am kind and caring and always mean well. I hope that will come across to people.  It takes me at least an hour to recover from dropping my little boy off at playgroup. I really hope he doesn't pick up how much it affects me. I am trying to be strong for him. 

Having two is full on isnt it! Thankfully I have my mum close by who has been helping in the day, so I have been able to have breaks. Looking after both of them together is very intense. I feel so guilty about not being able to give them my undivided attention. 

It is actually been a big relief to get a diagnosis. I can finally stop beating myself up when I don't fit in! but also so worried how it will affect my boys. I hope I can now learn how to be a better mummy. I wish I had time to read all the books, so much to learn!!

Very best of luck with the diagnois of your 10 year old boy x

Children
No Data