Reasonable Doubt?

Hello there, I have came to this forum in search of legitimate answers in regards to my daily life, just so you guys fully understand the story my doctor is currently in the process of writing me a refferal to the most suitable place to get this tested, Since I am now 19 it is hard to get tests out of school, at a young age I was diagnosed with dysgraphia a fine motor disorder i believe however i have recently been looking into asd and doing extensive unhealthy research and have came across a wide array of opinions on aspergers syndrome (Im sure you know what im talking about), anyway im really nervous for interview what if I am not diagnosed because I have got used to hiding symptoms? I am sure that this is what is the problem, does anyone happen to know what traits are absolutely necessary to identify someone on the spectrum because it seems to honestly describe me in social situations i get confused if 2 people talk to me at once i expierience what i believe to be sensory overload i feel like i am really attention seeking here but I really am looking for an answer... if you got this far thank you for paying attention give me your honest thoughts.

Parents
  • Thanks for the replys I feel welcomed into this community more so than any other, I felt that being self aware was going to be a big problem in these tests feeling that I would be "Too Honest" about things and give the person at the other end the idea that I have something to gain out of this (other than just because I want to know that there is a name for whatever is wrong with me lol) cause I appear relatively "normal" (I use that word with the biggest emphasis possible)... when you feel that you have been misdiagnosed your whole life (I have reason to believe this because dysgraphia does not fit in to the social issues I have expierienced, but would definitely be an easy mistake on who ever did diagnose me in the first place) I just have a very big fear that I am not going to be diagnosed with anything and I am going to be left to struggle looking for work again (i've had atleast 9 jobs) but nothing is for me... everything leaves me sooo drained beyond normal levels and it is very hard to stress because people simple just tell you to "ride it out"... its like you have just spent time building a 10000 piece lego structure and someone intentionally kicking it over... your just peeved off beyond belief lol bit of a rant there but my point is I don't think I have should have to feel like I need to dumb myself down to prove I need help do you guys know what I mean?

I am so very confused haha if I am expieriencing difficulties with tasks at work I feel that people even with a social anxiety disorder would do fine on is this where is sort of gets ruled out? I am happy to go through any sort of therapy to help with the social anxiety problem (even though im sure it wont help) but I see this as the least of my worries at this point my biggest worry is finding a job that includes alot of repetition and room for error I can deal with anxiety do you guys actually feel what I am saying here? I dunno this turned into me editing my comment more than once lol this is such a good release these are the problems I have never even thought about asking anyone at fear of looking daft or people misinterpret me as being lazy (which I am to be honest lol) but I do have real struggles with things people find easy and it is just soo annoying maths is one of my hates funnily enough but if I had the right answer you can bet nobody else had that working out on there whiteboard lol

• Thanks for the replys I feel welcomed into this community more so than any other, I felt that being self aware was going to be a big problem in these tests feeling that I would be "Too Honest" about things and give the person at the other end the idea that I have something to gain out of this (other than just because I want to know that there is a name for whatever is wrong with me lol) cause I appear relatively "normal" (I use that word with the biggest emphasis possible)... when you feel that you have been misdiagnosed your whole life (I have reason to believe this because dysgraphia does not fit in to the social issues I have expierienced, but would definitely be an easy mistake on who ever did diagnose me in the first place) I just have a very big fear that I am not going to be diagnosed with anything and I am going to be left to struggle looking for work again (i've had atleast 9 jobs) but nothing is for me... everything leaves me sooo drained beyond normal levels and it is very hard to stress because people simple just tell you to "ride it out"... its like you have just spent time building a 10000 piece lego structure and someone intentionally kicking it over... your just peeved off beyond belief lol bit of a rant there but my point is I don't think I have should have to feel like I need to dumb myself down to prove I need help do you guys know what I mean?

I am so very confused haha if I am expieriencing difficulties with tasks at work I feel that people even with a social anxiety disorder would do fine on is this where is sort of gets ruled out? I am happy to go through any sort of therapy to help with the social anxiety problem (even though im sure it wont help) but I see this as the least of my worries at this point my biggest worry is finding a job that includes alot of repetition and room for error I can deal with anxiety do you guys actually feel what I am saying here? I dunno this turned into me editing my comment more than once lol this is such a good release these are the problems I have never even thought about asking anyone at fear of looking daft or people misinterpret me as being lazy (which I am to be honest lol) but I do have real struggles with things people find easy and it is just soo annoying maths is one of my hates funnily enough but if I had the right answer you can bet nobody else had that working out on there whiteboard lol

Children
No Data