I went to see a GP this morning...

He seemed quite keen to point out that having a "label" won't change anything, but ironically told me he believes my issues are due to Anxiety Disorder.

I don't really know what happens now, I forgot to ask. My anxiety levels are through the roof because a) my train was late and I was worried I'd have to have a confrontation with the surgery staff about being late, and b) I was worried about having to explain all this to a complete stranger.

I wrote a list, the GP read it and asked if I can function normally at home, so I said I can wash myself, cook food and do normal every day things. He seemed to concentrate on that more than what I was trying to explain regarding the social anxiety I have, having few friends, not liking crowded rooms/places, getting angry when plans change at the last minute, the feelings of being different or an outsider I've had for as long as I can remember (I'm 39 now), the fact i socred 41 on the AQ test, that I don't natuarally understand what my partner is upset about, the fact i mimic others behaviour to "appear normal", not liking confromtation of any form (even if I'm in the right), my extremem defensiveness at critisism, lack of sarcasm radar, not liking being teased etc etc.

He said it was up to me but thinks any test will not show any form of Aspergers or Autism. He said he's write a letter but there was a long waiting list, and with that he turned to his computer and said goodbye.

I feel physicaly sick with anxiety 

Parents
  • I'm starting to question in my head whether the GP will actually make the referral.

He wrote on his screen "Thinks is Autistic"... I didn't meantion Autism specifically, just Aspergers. I don't know if I'm being too literal...

• I'm starting to question in my head whether the GP will actually make the referral.

He wrote on his screen "Thinks is Autistic"... I didn't meantion Autism specifically, just Aspergers. I don't know if I'm being too literal...

Children
No Data