Undiagnosed and new here

Hi new here and looking at getting a diagnosis for aspergers which i am 99% sure i have, i test highly on the tests online i have done and i am struggling a lot with day to day life lately.

I have always been seen as very shy, have no friends and cant strike up conversations with people, i cant say hi to people in passing, i wait until they say hi to me, i know i am probably seen as weird, even with people i know well like my mum and husband i struggle with what to say, i can have in length conversations with people in my head but fail to do so in real life, i am having more and more meltdowns every day, noise gets to me, going to shops is a struggle, feel my mind is just whirring, i like peace and quiet but at the same time want to have friends, i get frustrated easily and take my anger out on my husband, he has said i should see about getting officially diagnosed but not sure what purpose that would have.

Only my husband knows i am on the spectrum, dont see the point in telling anyone else, not even my kids.

Have only just realised in the last year that i am on the spectrum, just thought this was just me, someone who is socially inept and weird, my son was diagnosed with autism 2 years ago and its only after reading up stuff that i realise it describes me so well.

I am in my mid thirties and have never worked, am a stay at home mum and have a lot of stress in my life and finding it harder and harder to deal with this.

Would love to hear from others out there, just feel so alone.

Parents
  • Hi,

Oh, I need to retract my comments about your Husband, apologies I have misread your post. I am male, and have hidden my aspergers fairly well, altough since my diagnosis I have let my natural side show more, and am wary people are starting to notice that I am "odd"

You said I can't understand why others haven't noticed your asperger traits, maybe they have. I have notice traits in some of my co-workers, particularly my line manager. I am sure he has aspergers, and thought he knew, but I am not so sure now. I am not sure if it is my place to tell him I have noticed asperger traits in him, I am worried he will respond very negatively. He is generally mild tempered, but I have seen at times when he gets very angry, very quickly

Random

• Hi,

Oh, I need to retract my comments about your Husband, apologies I have misread your post. I am male, and have hidden my aspergers fairly well, altough since my diagnosis I have let my natural side show more, and am wary people are starting to notice that I am "odd"

You said I can't understand why others haven't noticed your asperger traits, maybe they have. I have notice traits in some of my co-workers, particularly my line manager. I am sure he has aspergers, and thought he knew, but I am not so sure now. I am not sure if it is my place to tell him I have noticed asperger traits in him, I am worried he will respond very negatively. He is generally mild tempered, but I have seen at times when he gets very angry, very quickly

Random

Children
No Data