Undiagnosed and new here

Hi new here and looking at getting a diagnosis for aspergers which i am 99% sure i have, i test highly on the tests online i have done and i am struggling a lot with day to day life lately.

I have always been seen as very shy, have no friends and cant strike up conversations with people, i cant say hi to people in passing, i wait until they say hi to me, i know i am probably seen as weird, even with people i know well like my mum and husband i struggle with what to say, i can have in length conversations with people in my head but fail to do so in real life, i am having more and more meltdowns every day, noise gets to me, going to shops is a struggle, feel my mind is just whirring, i like peace and quiet but at the same time want to have friends, i get frustrated easily and take my anger out on my husband, he has said i should see about getting officially diagnosed but not sure what purpose that would have.

Only my husband knows i am on the spectrum, dont see the point in telling anyone else, not even my kids.

Have only just realised in the last year that i am on the spectrum, just thought this was just me, someone who is socially inept and weird, my son was diagnosed with autism 2 years ago and its only after reading up stuff that i realise it describes me so well.

I am in my mid thirties and have never worked, am a stay at home mum and have a lot of stress in my life and finding it harder and harder to deal with this.

Would love to hear from others out there, just feel so alone.

Parents
  • Thanks both of you for the replies, i have felt so alone but see that reading posts on this forum that it is giving me a sense of belongness, so much relates to me, the isolation, having no friends in real life and online, i have tried to have online friends but i always seem to say the wrong things or go too far with what im saying.

I am struggling in my marraige, he is an compulsive liar, he has emotionally been abusive towards me, the latter he has fixed, he is seeing a therapist for help with the lies, it has broken me, i struggle every day and i am not coping at all.

Yes i think i do need this diagnosed, fed up of the frustration, the anger and need help with this, just worried he will use the diagnosis against me in the future, i know i have to start concentrating on me now.

Yes i hide it well but in other ways i feel why cant others see i am on the spectrum, the way i barely speak to people they must know, just want to be happy again

• Thanks both of you for the replies, i have felt so alone but see that reading posts on this forum that it is giving me a sense of belongness, so much relates to me, the isolation, having no friends in real life and online, i have tried to have online friends but i always seem to say the wrong things or go too far with what im saying.

I am struggling in my marraige, he is an compulsive liar, he has emotionally been abusive towards me, the latter he has fixed, he is seeing a therapist for help with the lies, it has broken me, i struggle every day and i am not coping at all.

Yes i think i do need this diagnosed, fed up of the frustration, the anger and need help with this, just worried he will use the diagnosis against me in the future, i know i have to start concentrating on me now.

Yes i hide it well but in other ways i feel why cant others see i am on the spectrum, the way i barely speak to people they must know, just want to be happy again

Children
No Data