the clues are there

hi all, a 53yr old guy of not many words so will keep brief.  recently been looking into this & taken some online tests, mid to high 30's score plus reading about it & it all makes sense, so perhaps i'm not the oddball i always thought i was & maybe the reason for drinking too much/often.  not really sure how or if to persue this but this could explain everything.

Parents
  • Clyde said:

hi all, a 53yr old guy of not many words so will keep brief.  recently been looking into this & taken some online tests, mid to high 30's score plus reading about it & it all makes sense, so perhaps i'm not the oddball i always thought i was & maybe the reason for drinking too much/often.  not really sure how or if to persue this but this could explain everything.

I hear you, Clive. I have a good mind, but I'm socially backward and for a long time drink provided social lubrication. I'm teetotal these days - I prefer to keep my mind clean, for learning, but I was a p**shead and no mistake. I scored 40 and have been unofficially diagnosed with Asperger's. Ditto the not many words; unless I'm on subject and then my conversation's encyclopaedic! The diagnosis fits me like a glove, yet my wife refuses to accept it and I don't have the mental apparatus to even begin to explain it to her. As the Yanks say - life sucks.

Coming on here is a call for help, along with an email to the Samaritans, since I explain better when I can write it out. Thinking on my feet, exasperatingly, is an impossiblility.

• Clyde said:

I hear you, Clive. I have a good mind, but I'm socially backward and for a long time drink provided social lubrication. I'm teetotal these days - I prefer to keep my mind clean, for learning, but I was a p**shead and no mistake. I scored 40 and have been unofficially diagnosed with Asperger's. Ditto the not many words; unless I'm on subject and then my conversation's encyclopaedic! The diagnosis fits me like a glove, yet my wife refuses to accept it and I don't have the mental apparatus to even begin to explain it to her. As the Yanks say - life sucks.

Coming on here is a call for help, along with an email to the Samaritans, since I explain better when I can write it out. Thinking on my feet, exasperatingly, is an impossiblility.

Children
No Data