the clues are there

hi all, a 53yr old guy of not many words so will keep brief.  recently been looking into this & taken some online tests, mid to high 30's score plus reading about it & it all makes sense, so perhaps i'm not the oddball i always thought i was & maybe the reason for drinking too much/often.  not really sure how or if to persue this but this could explain everything.

Parents
  • I think you've found a way to live that suits you and your needs, so that's OK. Plenty of people throughout history have lived a similar lifestyle - that's what hiring fairs used to be about for people in this country, moving from job to job, place to place, house to house, and there are lots of people still doing it. I'd be interested to hear what doesn't seem right about it to you?

The subject of whether or not to go for diagnosis is absolutely your choice. Some people seem to be OK just to self identify, and in all honesty everyone is welcome here, formal diagnosis or not. If it's helping you just to chat on here, and that's all you want, it really isn't a problem, we're glad to have you join us anyway.

I encourage people to go for diagnosis because I did, and it's made the world of difference to me, and I've every good reason to be grateful for getting it. It finally answered questions that I've had all my life, and would still have if I hadn't had the diagnosis.

I was described as 'severe', but I don't know what scale they used to say that. It's an obvious thing to say, but I've only ever been me, I have to work very hard to try and understand how it is for other people, and I certainly don't always get that right either, I just try very hard. If I can tell you any more about it, just ask away and I'll do my best to answer you. Hopefuly, so will others!

• I think you've found a way to live that suits you and your needs, so that's OK. Plenty of people throughout history have lived a similar lifestyle - that's what hiring fairs used to be about for people in this country, moving from job to job, place to place, house to house, and there are lots of people still doing it. I'd be interested to hear what doesn't seem right about it to you?

The subject of whether or not to go for diagnosis is absolutely your choice. Some people seem to be OK just to self identify, and in all honesty everyone is welcome here, formal diagnosis or not. If it's helping you just to chat on here, and that's all you want, it really isn't a problem, we're glad to have you join us anyway.

I encourage people to go for diagnosis because I did, and it's made the world of difference to me, and I've every good reason to be grateful for getting it. It finally answered questions that I've had all my life, and would still have if I hadn't had the diagnosis.

I was described as 'severe', but I don't know what scale they used to say that. It's an obvious thing to say, but I've only ever been me, I have to work very hard to try and understand how it is for other people, and I certainly don't always get that right either, I just try very hard. If I can tell you any more about it, just ask away and I'll do my best to answer you. Hopefuly, so will others!

Children
No Data