My 2 yr old boy has just been diagnosed

Hi All,

My 2 yr old son has just been diagnosed to be on the autistic spectrum.  We are just on the start of his journey and it seems like we are going to get plenty of support in our area.  We have our first family support planning meeting on Friday so i was hoping for some advice on what questions i should be asking?

I would also like to hear from parents that are in a similar position who can give me any advice on supporting my little man?

I look forward to hearing from you :-)

Parents
  • Hi

Of course I don't mind. I have twins so I found that is perhaps why I picked up on things much earlier. His brother babbles, points, interacts with other children and in playgroups whereas Max does none of these things. He can get caught up in repetitive behaviour too. I find it hard taking him to playgroups as he can get frustrated over a new environment and I find myself sometimes having to leave as he gets to distressed. How about yourself do you feel like you always knew something was different? Like you though he is a loving boy and we just want the best for him! Did you have to push for support? i have started to research locally and found a great playgroup I am going to try in Bromley (near me). it can feel stressful but as you said now I am starting to get a bit of support its a weight of my shoulders. If you don't mind me asking do you tell people? this is the next thing I am wondering wether that will just make people label him from the get go

Sarah

• Hi

Of course I don't mind. I have twins so I found that is perhaps why I picked up on things much earlier. His brother babbles, points, interacts with other children and in playgroups whereas Max does none of these things. He can get caught up in repetitive behaviour too. I find it hard taking him to playgroups as he can get frustrated over a new environment and I find myself sometimes having to leave as he gets to distressed. How about yourself do you feel like you always knew something was different? Like you though he is a loving boy and we just want the best for him! Did you have to push for support? i have started to research locally and found a great playgroup I am going to try in Bromley (near me). it can feel stressful but as you said now I am starting to get a bit of support its a weight of my shoulders. If you don't mind me asking do you tell people? this is the next thing I am wondering wether that will just make people label him from the get go

Sarah

Children
No Data