My 2 yr old boy has just been diagnosed

Hi All,

My 2 yr old son has just been diagnosed to be on the autistic spectrum.  We are just on the start of his journey and it seems like we are going to get plenty of support in our area.  We have our first family support planning meeting on Friday so i was hoping for some advice on what questions i should be asking?

I would also like to hear from parents that are in a similar position who can give me any advice on supporting my little man?

I look forward to hearing from you :-)

Parents
  • Hi Sdarken, 

Thanks for your reply. That's great that you have picked up his difficulties at such an early stage. If you don't mind me asking,  what were your signals? 

I didn't think I would have a diagnosis this early  but the paediatrician has confirmed. 

Generally I have a very loving little boy that gets frustrated with himself very quickly. I'm learning techniques to try and help him communicate better. It's  early days but I am optimistic about the future. The support is now in place which lifts a load off the shoulders! 

• Hi Sdarken, 

Thanks for your reply. That's great that you have picked up his difficulties at such an early stage. If you don't mind me asking,  what were your signals? 

I didn't think I would have a diagnosis this early  but the paediatrician has confirmed. 

Generally I have a very loving little boy that gets frustrated with himself very quickly. I'm learning techniques to try and help him communicate better. It's  early days but I am optimistic about the future. The support is now in place which lifts a load off the shoulders! 

Children
No Data