New diagnosis

Hi, I have just found out that I have had a diagnosis of ASD. It was diagnosed a year ago, but nobody told me until now. I feel very numb and shocked-although I wanted the diagnosis. Social settings are too complex. My son has ASD also. I 45 years old. Don't know were to go from here. Can anyone advice please?

Parents
  • Hi Arron, welcome to the community

You've probably done the best thing you can at the moment, which is to come on here and start talking. There are lots of old posts to read that cover most things, but you can get information overload that way.

I think it's better to chat away here and get involved with other threads too. Your thoughts and opinions count, so we want to hear them, and if you're suffering anything, we can always do our best to comfort and support you. People will give you all sorts of advice and pointers, and you might find that you can offer some too!

That's a bit strange, being diagnosed but not told. Do you feel like telling us how that came about?

• Hi Arron, welcome to the community

You've probably done the best thing you can at the moment, which is to come on here and start talking. There are lots of old posts to read that cover most things, but you can get information overload that way.

I think it's better to chat away here and get involved with other threads too. Your thoughts and opinions count, so we want to hear them, and if you're suffering anything, we can always do our best to comfort and support you. People will give you all sorts of advice and pointers, and you might find that you can offer some too!

That's a bit strange, being diagnosed but not told. Do you feel like telling us how that came about?

Children
No Data