Has anyone ever introduced yourself on here, and someone has replied?

to say hello back, or something...

If so, what do you have to say to get a reply? Is this site welcoming?

• I did receive several replies to my introduction, although I wasn't really expecting any - I was just trying to be polite by stating my perspective as a newly diagnosed autistic adult.

That said, I agree with some of the sentiments expressed above.  I visit several forums regularly, but only occasionally post anything and usually only when I feel I have something to add (and often simply saying "Hello and welcome" doesn't feel like really adding anything).

• Hi Jamie4,

I'm sorry that nobody initially replied to your intro post. It's great when new members join the community and we look forward to you sharing your experiences with us. Smile

Sofie Mod

• Jamie4, i've replied to your other post ;)

As mentioned by others - from time to time it's just tumble weed around here. We don't seem to reach the 'critical mass' of active users to keep the forum really alive. Perhaps it's the nature of the beast too i.e. we're autistic and therefore not great at communicating? Idunno.

Kind regards,

Soldersplash.

• Well, we always welcome new chums, but you might find that it helps if you have a topic to discuss or a question to ask. Most of us can't spend too much time online, you'll probably find yourself doing what many do, which is to read the answers already posted and decide that, as you have nothing to add, you'll move on.

That said, I'm sorry you feel neglected and it's a good reminder for us to remember that we've all been new here, once.

So, welcome Jamie, and I hope you're soon adding your views into the general discussions.

• Hello Jamie.  I think this site is welcoming.  Sometimes there aren't many posters on so that might be why you didn't get a reply.  I'm a parent of an adult autistic man.  How are you doing?