Aspergers gift or curse !

Hi people would like to say is thank you for accepting me on this website i`ll start off by saying my name jason it is,i am not very good at all in talking to peeps but if i was i woulsd not be on this website now i am calling my condition a curse due to the fact it has played a very big roll in my life and effected everything i do or try to dojust wanna know other peoples storys thank you.

Parents
  • Hi Neo,

i used to think I was a failure at life and flawed because I struggled so much and could never 'succeed' in the conventional sense: great career, fabulous spouse, big house, lots of money, etc. 

but somewhere along the way I realised that having all that was not what I really wanted anyway, despite the pressure and expectations of everyone around me. What I wanted was to feel happy, or if that wasn't possible then at least to feel content with my life. So I found a couple of things that I feel passionate about and made sure they are always part of my life. And I didn't give up trying, even when faced with struggles or other people's negative comments.

It hasn't been easy but I am now proud that I made that decision and embrace who I am (flaws and all). I don't see Aspergers as a curse or a gift, it just helps explain who I am.

I hope hearing other people's stories has helped.

• Hi Neo,

i used to think I was a failure at life and flawed because I struggled so much and could never 'succeed' in the conventional sense: great career, fabulous spouse, big house, lots of money, etc. 

but somewhere along the way I realised that having all that was not what I really wanted anyway, despite the pressure and expectations of everyone around me. What I wanted was to feel happy, or if that wasn't possible then at least to feel content with my life. So I found a couple of things that I feel passionate about and made sure they are always part of my life. And I didn't give up trying, even when faced with struggles or other people's negative comments.

It hasn't been easy but I am now proud that I made that decision and embrace who I am (flaws and all). I don't see Aspergers as a curse or a gift, it just helps explain who I am.

I hope hearing other people's stories has helped.

Children
No Data