Aspergers gift or curse !

Hi people would like to say is thank you for accepting me on this website i`ll start off by saying my name jason it is,i am not very good at all in talking to peeps but if i was i woulsd not be on this website now i am calling my condition a curse due to the fact it has played a very big roll in my life and effected everything i do or try to dojust wanna know other peoples storys thank you.

Parents
  • My Asperger's is a curse, but I have a strong personality and I am motivated to overcome a lot of the issues I face. Therefore I do not see Asperger's as inevitably leading to doom and gloom, but a problem/curse that I need to tackle. It is a curse, though, because it has prevented me from fully experiencing life including social connectedness and genuine friendship, which I do feel I am missing out on. I do, finally, have a good friend who also has Asperger's, but it has taken me all of my 28 years to get to this point, and while I would  like to work and have a relationship and children, it is unlikely that I will achieve most of these basic desires. I think getting a decent job is a possibility and one I am working towards, but I am having to accept that having a relationship and children probably won't happen, at least not for a very long time, by which point I won't be able to have kids! I have reconciled myself to this prospect now, I don't really have a choice, but if I did not have Asperger's life would certainly be a lot easier. But I try and accept that I have a condition tyhat won't go away, but that I can use my strengths to try and work on my issues and learn new skills. Realistic acceptance has been my strategy for dealing with my condition.

• My Asperger's is a curse, but I have a strong personality and I am motivated to overcome a lot of the issues I face. Therefore I do not see Asperger's as inevitably leading to doom and gloom, but a problem/curse that I need to tackle. It is a curse, though, because it has prevented me from fully experiencing life including social connectedness and genuine friendship, which I do feel I am missing out on. I do, finally, have a good friend who also has Asperger's, but it has taken me all of my 28 years to get to this point, and while I would  like to work and have a relationship and children, it is unlikely that I will achieve most of these basic desires. I think getting a decent job is a possibility and one I am working towards, but I am having to accept that having a relationship and children probably won't happen, at least not for a very long time, by which point I won't be able to have kids! I have reconciled myself to this prospect now, I don't really have a choice, but if I did not have Asperger's life would certainly be a lot easier. But I try and accept that I have a condition tyhat won't go away, but that I can use my strengths to try and work on my issues and learn new skills. Realistic acceptance has been my strategy for dealing with my condition.

Children
No Data