ADVICE My 3 and half year old son

Hi 

I'm not sure what to really write. I guess I'm looking for some support or well anything that might help

I have two children my eldest son is coming up to 4year old and my youngest is almost 1year.

My eldest hasn't had a diagnosis as of yet 

He was hitting all normal milestone until 1years old when I started noticing he wasn't speaking for ages I put it down to so much going on with a relationship break down (having to move) and problems with eye sight witch he was then at 2years old diagnosed with duane's syndrome and given glasses. 

During this time I noticed him refusing to play with other children at play groups. Refusing to potty train. And being very repetitive with some of the world's he had learnt. 

At age 3 still not being potty trained and only seeming to join two words together (water cup) instead of saying water in a cup please. I know he can speak he knows things that you wouldn't expect.. Like the other name for a killer wale (orca). But other things started showing alot more.. If he sees a digger he fixates on it and repestes digger over and over. I finally realised I couldn't Berry my head in the sand any longer and took him to my doctors he's had countless referal and assessments but no answers as if yet. 

He has just started nursery (were about 3-4weeks in) he goes 3days a week at 5hours a day. My major concern at the moment is he has a melt down when I try and take him in.. But when I pick him up its even worse.. He will point blank refuse to leave. To the point I have to carry him out after getting him to walk he will throw himself in the road. Hurt himself by pinching or biting all while screaming at the top of his voice the whole walk home. 

My question is has anyone experienced anything like this? I also struggle to wash his hair and he will fight and scream. Has anyone experience problems with balance also.. I was thinking maybe he was just clumsy but he has manged to hurt himself (by falling over) about 6 times in one week. 

Really could use some advice as I really don't know what to do and to be honest I'm not getting any support from people that are seeing him. Sorry about the long post and thank you 

Parents
  • Hi, my son is nearly 4 and we got a diagnosis for him at age of 2. He has severe autism and is completely non verbal no hand gestures or any communication. He has melt downs when we touch his feet and when it comes to hair cut it is an absolute nightmare the last time the barbers were yelling at him to sit still. I ended up walking out in tears.... hopino to find a more understanding one. He has got his EHCP and is in process of getting into a special needs school as he is so severe a mainstream wouldn't work for him. He is still in a pre school as they couldn't do the transition to nursery so I said keep him where he is. I just wanted to say that even if u get a diagnosis it is still no easier yes professionals get involved and understand but no one else does. I get looks outside the pre school as he runs back and forwards and high pitch screeches really loud! Also can throw himself on the floor if something kicks him off. Just wanted to share my experience really. Hope u all get a diagnosis soon x 

• Hi, my son is nearly 4 and we got a diagnosis for him at age of 2. He has severe autism and is completely non verbal no hand gestures or any communication. He has melt downs when we touch his feet and when it comes to hair cut it is an absolute nightmare the last time the barbers were yelling at him to sit still. I ended up walking out in tears.... hopino to find a more understanding one. He has got his EHCP and is in process of getting into a special needs school as he is so severe a mainstream wouldn't work for him. He is still in a pre school as they couldn't do the transition to nursery so I said keep him where he is. I just wanted to say that even if u get a diagnosis it is still no easier yes professionals get involved and understand but no one else does. I get looks outside the pre school as he runs back and forwards and high pitch screeches really loud! Also can throw himself on the floor if something kicks him off. Just wanted to share my experience really. Hope u all get a diagnosis soon x 

Children
No Data