Another newbie aspie

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 47 year old woman who was diagnosed with Aspergers around 9 years ago after years of bullying in the workplace, anxiety and depression. After diagnosis I was basically left high and dry with no understanding or support apart from a very good friend. 

I've been anxious and depressed off and on ever since until things came to a head in February when my life fell apart.  But at last I've got a fantastic GP and psychiatrist who're getting me the help and support I need.  I'm very keen to learn how to cope better with it and would welcome advice and like to make friends with like-minded people. 

Parents
  • Hi Grace, 

That's such a coincidence! I wasn't bullied at school either.  I was so quiet I blended into the background lol.  I had a Saturday job and worked with a boy who asked me which school I went to - I'd been in his English class for 18 months .

I've had to leave 5 jobs now due to bullying related depression and anxiety.  This last episode has left me homeless too and dependant on friends so I feel I've reached rock bottom and the only way is up.  I've gained alot of experience over the years and I believe i can use it to work for myself. There's a scheme being run in my county to help which I'm going to be joining soon.

I have always felt like an outsider but everyone just thought I was shy and a loner and had very low self esteem.  In fact, people don't believe me when I try to tell them I have Aspergers because I've learned how to put on a facade and I come across as 'normal'.  My psychiatrist says female aspies are good at that.  I don't know if you can relate to that?

I'd be really interested to hear how you get on next week - can you let me know?

• Hi Grace, 

That's such a coincidence! I wasn't bullied at school either.  I was so quiet I blended into the background lol.  I had a Saturday job and worked with a boy who asked me which school I went to - I'd been in his English class for 18 months .

I've had to leave 5 jobs now due to bullying related depression and anxiety.  This last episode has left me homeless too and dependant on friends so I feel I've reached rock bottom and the only way is up.  I've gained alot of experience over the years and I believe i can use it to work for myself. There's a scheme being run in my county to help which I'm going to be joining soon.

I have always felt like an outsider but everyone just thought I was shy and a loner and had very low self esteem.  In fact, people don't believe me when I try to tell them I have Aspergers because I've learned how to put on a facade and I come across as 'normal'.  My psychiatrist says female aspies are good at that.  I don't know if you can relate to that?

I'd be really interested to hear how you get on next week - can you let me know?

Children
No Data