Another newbie aspie

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 47 year old woman who was diagnosed with Aspergers around 9 years ago after years of bullying in the workplace, anxiety and depression. After diagnosis I was basically left high and dry with no understanding or support apart from a very good friend. 

I've been anxious and depressed off and on ever since until things came to a head in February when my life fell apart.  But at last I've got a fantastic GP and psychiatrist who're getting me the help and support I need.  I'm very keen to learn how to cope better with it and would welcome advice and like to make friends with like-minded people. 

Parents
  • Hi Kacey,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. That is so awful getting bullied. I know all about how that feels. Oddly, I wasn't bullied at school when I was younger, rather it was my older siblings who bullied me. My coping methods were either fight back (and always get beaten as I was so much smaller than them), or run away.

Later in my adult years when I found myself in a work situation getting bullied on several fronts (by several different people)- it was tough. I initially fought back and managed to win a few battles. But then one came along that refused to back down and that finally led to my resulting anxiety, stress, depression, etc. I had to leave the job in the end.

You are very lucky that you came across someone who recognised the signs and referred you so that you can get help now. 

I would love to be self-employed too but sadly don't have the skills to run my own business (that would earn me enough of a salary to pay a mortgage). But good luck to you in doing that. 

I see my GP next week so fingers crossed!

• Hi Kacey,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. That is so awful getting bullied. I know all about how that feels. Oddly, I wasn't bullied at school when I was younger, rather it was my older siblings who bullied me. My coping methods were either fight back (and always get beaten as I was so much smaller than them), or run away.

Later in my adult years when I found myself in a work situation getting bullied on several fronts (by several different people)- it was tough. I initially fought back and managed to win a few battles. But then one came along that refused to back down and that finally led to my resulting anxiety, stress, depression, etc. I had to leave the job in the end.

You are very lucky that you came across someone who recognised the signs and referred you so that you can get help now. 

I would love to be self-employed too but sadly don't have the skills to run my own business (that would earn me enough of a salary to pay a mortgage). But good luck to you in doing that. 

I see my GP next week so fingers crossed!

Children
No Data