Another newbie aspie

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 47 year old woman who was diagnosed with Aspergers around 9 years ago after years of bullying in the workplace, anxiety and depression. After diagnosis I was basically left high and dry with no understanding or support apart from a very good friend. 

I've been anxious and depressed off and on ever since until things came to a head in February when my life fell apart.  But at last I've got a fantastic GP and psychiatrist who're getting me the help and support I need.  I'm very keen to learn how to cope better with it and would welcome advice and like to make friends with like-minded people. 

Parents
  • Hi Kacey,

I just joined this forum too. I can totally relate to your circumstances as I am a 50 year old woman who has had a similar recent experience at work in a bullying and very negative toxic environment. I toughed it out for about four years then was on the verge of completely falling apart And had a lot of anxiety and depression also. I Struggled to find support too. 

I turned to friends and work colleagues who I thought were friends but no one could understand or help. I ended up just leaving the job and trying to move on. It has been really hard. I have discovered a lot about myself though along the way and have let go of people in my life who haven't been supportive. I feel now like where some doors are closing, others are opening.

you are lucky you have a good GP and have had a diagnosis. i hope things get better for you now.

• Hi Kacey,

I just joined this forum too. I can totally relate to your circumstances as I am a 50 year old woman who has had a similar recent experience at work in a bullying and very negative toxic environment. I toughed it out for about four years then was on the verge of completely falling apart And had a lot of anxiety and depression also. I Struggled to find support too. 

I turned to friends and work colleagues who I thought were friends but no one could understand or help. I ended up just leaving the job and trying to move on. It has been really hard. I have discovered a lot about myself though along the way and have let go of people in my life who haven't been supportive. I feel now like where some doors are closing, others are opening.

you are lucky you have a good GP and have had a diagnosis. i hope things get better for you now.

Children
No Data