Living with my partner with aspergers

Hi, I live with my partner who has aspergers he was diagnosed almost 2 years ago and he's 30. He hasn't had or been offered any support and althought Iv messaged verious people that shoul be able to help involving autism including the people who diagnosed him iv had no replys or iv had promises of being contacted and still nothing. I just wish there was some help.. Anything. My partner has a community service worker he talks to once a month, she has a son with aspergers... She claims to understand yet tells him he should go to the doctors for depression tablets... An tells him to do things she full well knows he just won't/can't do.. She also said to him I should be able to tell what he's feeling automatically even when he doesn't show it  because after you have been around someone with aspergers for so many years you just know- which didn't go down well with him because then he started to be against me. Im not sure if she's right or not prehaps she is... I just dont think she's helping in anyway- I tried to point out that perhaps a mother son connections helps her, but he's still angry at me because now I'm supose to magically know everything. I try and most of the time I know when he is upset or angry. I just feel like I'm being given false advice and it really isn't helping. Is there any help? 

Parents
  • Good morning. This really hit a note with me as I am in a very similar situation.  But my husband is sixty and he was never officially diagnosed with aspergers, nobdoy else around him has worked out he has it, I am the only one, and I know it would be a bad thing to tell him.   He is a very inteligent, well educated, knowledgeable man. He is perfect in so many ways, but he will never talk about feelings - us - love - etc. And he is very rarely interested in sex and when he is I feel that I am expected to instantly fancy it too whenever it suits him and then not want it for months when he does not.  He is a very kind man, the best man I have known, but this really gets to me.  I hve tried to explain all of this and discuss it with him and he says it worries him that I analyse things so much,  he sees it as how I am in the wrong for not just accepting that we are together and there should be no more to it.  I have told him that if he said he loved me sometimes it would make the world of difference, then he goes on about if he said it NOW it would be forced and it would be clear he is just saying it to please me.  Yes I say, so dont say it now, say it in a week or two weeks or whenever.  Then six months goes by and he has said nothing again and it comes up again.  How are you coping with your situation?

• Good morning. This really hit a note with me as I am in a very similar situation.  But my husband is sixty and he was never officially diagnosed with aspergers, nobdoy else around him has worked out he has it, I am the only one, and I know it would be a bad thing to tell him.   He is a very inteligent, well educated, knowledgeable man. He is perfect in so many ways, but he will never talk about feelings - us - love - etc. And he is very rarely interested in sex and when he is I feel that I am expected to instantly fancy it too whenever it suits him and then not want it for months when he does not.  He is a very kind man, the best man I have known, but this really gets to me.  I hve tried to explain all of this and discuss it with him and he says it worries him that I analyse things so much,  he sees it as how I am in the wrong for not just accepting that we are together and there should be no more to it.  I have told him that if he said he loved me sometimes it would make the world of difference, then he goes on about if he said it NOW it would be forced and it would be clear he is just saying it to please me.  Yes I say, so dont say it now, say it in a week or two weeks or whenever.  Then six months goes by and he has said nothing again and it comes up again.  How are you coping with your situation?

Children
No Data