newly diagnosed but feel like a fraud

I was diagnosed last week after my son being diagnosed earlier this year. I didn't think there was much wrong with him as he is very similar to the way I was when I was younger.

I also have been previously diagnosed with ocd in the past and had therapy for anxiety and depression.  this is where I feel like a fraud because in the  past I pushed for the ocd diagnosis and was also asking if I was bipolar and pushing for that too. When talking about getting autism diagnosis with my husband he said he thinks I am very suggestible - like I got the idea in my head that I was and pursued the diagnosis but I'm not really. Now I'm wondering if I exaggerated in my assessment to get diagnosed. I thought I was being honest at the time though.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place I hate these forum things.

Parents
  • classic codger said:
    I, for instance, am type 1 ASD, formerly known as Asperger Syndrome, or Asperger's, for short.

What's the classification system (or whatever) that the term "type 1 ASD" is part of?  I've tried Google, but not very successfully.

• classic codger said:
    I, for instance, am type 1 ASD, formerly known as Asperger Syndrome, or Asperger's, for short.

What's the classification system (or whatever) that the term "type 1 ASD" is part of?  I've tried Google, but not very successfully.

Children
No Data