diagnosed today

diagnosed today as an adult.

not a shock really as my child has asd too, but it being official is a little strange.

will be nice to talk to other people here.

so just saying hello for now.

Parents
  • I was the same really, and everyone else I told also said it - well, you're still the you we've always known. I agreed, but I also said that if I'd ever seemed 'odd' or something, now I can explain. The best part was the things it explained for me, I found it cleared many things that had always troubled me so deeply and absorbingly - I had no idea until it was first suggested to me, about a year before my assessment. It is definitely the answer that eluded me for so long.

I only told close family,and then only because I wanted to tell them to look out for it in their own kids. Otherwise, I haven't yet found any reason to tell anyone else. If it seems important, I won't mind, I guess I'm still finding my feet and I'll have to try and work out when it might be appropriate. Could be hard, considering we don't have a sense of the appropriate!

It's made me happier with myself, and that's the main thing for me.

• I was the same really, and everyone else I told also said it - well, you're still the you we've always known. I agreed, but I also said that if I'd ever seemed 'odd' or something, now I can explain. The best part was the things it explained for me, I found it cleared many things that had always troubled me so deeply and absorbingly - I had no idea until it was first suggested to me, about a year before my assessment. It is definitely the answer that eluded me for so long.

I only told close family,and then only because I wanted to tell them to look out for it in their own kids. Otherwise, I haven't yet found any reason to tell anyone else. If it seems important, I won't mind, I guess I'm still finding my feet and I'll have to try and work out when it might be appropriate. Could be hard, considering we don't have a sense of the appropriate!

It's made me happier with myself, and that's the main thing for me.

Children
No Data