New Forum Member!

Hello all. I'm a Special Educational Needs Learning Support Assistant to a 6 year old child with autism. I'm very new to working with children and am keen to research topics and to find out if anyone has the same/similar issues and can help with advice and tips! I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help! :)

• Hi Shannon,

Welcome to our community and hope you find it useful. However, you might like to also check out our professionals community Network Autism. There are many professionals there including Doctors, Teachers and Social Workers who discuss autism issues.

Take care,

Avi

• Hi everyone, 

I have just become a member for this website and am new to this. 

I had been previously worked within an ASD facility in a mainstream school for the past few years. I have been working alongside children with Autism for the last 7 years. 

I am starting up a new role as a personal assistant to children and young adults.

Please leave any advice on getting involved with parents in east Sussex who are looking for a PA for their children .

I would highly appreciate also any information relating to personal assistants and useful tips on getting started.

Thank you for your time. 

• Hi i'm a new member, my daughter is 11yrs old and is going through diagnoses of autism, She has already been diagnosed with severe social anxiety disorder with delayed emotional development of between 2-4yrs. My daughter costantly has severe violent and emotional meltdowns and sensory over load. 

Iam at a loss how to help her with her her sensory over loads and meltdowns and how make my daughter feel happy in her life, she isn't at main stream school she is at home as she can't cope, the dr has signed her off even home school as her anxiety levels are so high she only leaves the house when she has to go in the car to drop her brother off and pick him up, she speaks 95% of the time in toddler or sign from mr tumble, she is also confused about everything.  the diagnoses assesment is estimated to take place end sept or oct.

If anyone has got any tips for meltdowns or any entertaining things that i can try with her, it also would be nice to hear that im not on my own and there are other people that understand the situation that i'm in. She does love her dog very much. All i want to do is help my daughter in anyway i can.