Hello, I'm Alex.

My name is Alex, but I go by Lone. I am 16 years old, and I was diagnosed with Aspergers at age 11.

I felt like it'd be a good idea to immerse myself into a community filled with people like me.

To give a quick rundown of my personality, lifestyle, and everything that makes up "me":

I play guitar. I do a little bit of gaming. I sometimes draw, and i'm sometimes good at it. I have a fairly good sense of humor (do not let the monotone text fool you xD). I never pick fights, due to my tendency to remain objective when i sense aggression or disagreement. I joined MENSA international earlier this year after i had discovered my IQ was in the genius range, although i dunno how much that might have effected my personality. I have a tendency to go off on tangents or talk about a lot of complicated science-related stuff, which confuses all my friends and makes them look at me like i'm stupid.

Despite being on the spectrum, i can be very social once i know who i'm talking to. Although, figuring out who i am talking to tends to be the biggest obstacle. Usually there's a lot of awkward small talk, then everything just goes silent. Then i try to talk to someone else and the cycle goes on.

• Yeah, i've been interested in science and the way things work and interact with each other ever since i was little. I like being curious by nature, and i have a very strong bond with my father because of our shared curiosity in the workings of the universe.

I'm from Hamilton Ohio. I play guitar, and I wish to eventually start a career in robotic engineering.

• Pleased to meet you!

Your idea to emmerse yourself into a community filled with people like you was a good one :-)

I totally understand the things you are saying especially talking about the complicated science related stuff and being very sociable once knowing who your talking to! You surely cant be stupid if you are thinking into science at 16!

It sure is difficult talking about science stuff to most people as they dont seem interested in discussing in-depth topics in detail... most people seem to get overwhelmed by thoughtful conversation! I think it takes a strong mind to ask big questions about life and the unknown.

Where are you from Alex? What are some of your hobbies?

Charlie

• welcome Alex, You will always find help and support here for any problems you are having. I do. Smile

• Welcome,

Don't worry, most people double post when they start - it's the website being a bit slow that is the problem. You can go back and edit/delete a post to indicate it was double posted by mistake.

• Forgive me, it appears i accidentally posted the same thing twice.