Er, hi and stuff

I figured it'd be the polite thing to introduce myself before I go blundering about the forums writing random stuff, as tends to be my wont.

My reason for being here is, well, I was actually directed here by an online acquaintance after discussing video-games and what-not since conversations seldom stay on topic.  Or at least they don't where I'm concerned.  So my actual reason for being here is as a "person with autism", though strictly speaking my diagnosis is of Asperger Syndrome, as was.  I kinda knew it was significant, and would probably answer a lot of the assorted and creative "issues" that I seem to experience, but y'know, there's time for that later.  I guess later has now arrived, considering I'm 46 years old.  Better late than never, I suppose.

I also have ADHD, just to make things a bit more interesting.  Or actually a bit less interesting, as I have no concentration, unless something is randomly interesting, in which case I have too much concentration and growl at anyone who disturbs it.  Though the "H" part of the diagnosis went in my late teens and I got fat.  So I seem to be spending much of later adulthood trying to lose weight with variable and random success.

I'm one of those people who doesn't view Asperger's as a disorder, for me it's just a personality type: sometimes one that's creative, sometimes one that's annoying and limiting, but if there's a "disorder" anywhere I guess I consider it one of society for really only catering for a rather limited set of personality types (or just the one, for that matter, whatever "Type A" looks like.  I think it looks like Katie Hopkins.  But I digress.  Again).

Er, was I making a particularly relevant point or just waffling?  I forget now.  I guess I was just trying to understand what it's all about, and to make life a bit easier to deal with, both for myself and my long-suffering partner who has to put up with my randomness and (usually intentional) absurdity.

Oh, and my real name is Christine.  I just think Vometia is more "me".

I'll stop prattling now.  Fortunately I've run out of concentration.  Yay.

Parents Reply Children
No Data