Daughter in her early twenties

Hi, I'm new to the NAS. My daughter, in her twenties, is at university . We are still having many challenges with her behaviour. Would love to chat with people in a similar situation.

Parents
  •  My daughter was diagnosed as aspergers under 10 years old. under 16, my daughter was bullied at school and her only friends were the daughters of my friends, but her home life was happy. She left school at 16 and went on to 6 th form college where she made friends for the first time. Unfortunately none of them passed their AS exams so she was more isolated in Y 13. At this time, she had a boyfriend whom she met through the Internet and moved in with him after a couple of weeks. It is about then that communication became difficult and has remained so ever since. She feels that she no longer needs help and advice and is an adult, I feel we could still help her. money is a particular problem. She feels we don't give her enough to live on at uni, we think she has unrealistic expectations and that she has enough. She accuses us of not listening to her. 

Things are at a stalemate. She has told me that I have lost all rights to be part of her life. That hurts. 

Not sure what to do now.

•  My daughter was diagnosed as aspergers under 10 years old. under 16, my daughter was bullied at school and her only friends were the daughters of my friends, but her home life was happy. She left school at 16 and went on to 6 th form college where she made friends for the first time. Unfortunately none of them passed their AS exams so she was more isolated in Y 13. At this time, she had a boyfriend whom she met through the Internet and moved in with him after a couple of weeks. It is about then that communication became difficult and has remained so ever since. She feels that she no longer needs help and advice and is an adult, I feel we could still help her. money is a particular problem. She feels we don't give her enough to live on at uni, we think she has unrealistic expectations and that she has enough. She accuses us of not listening to her. 

Things are at a stalemate. She has told me that I have lost all rights to be part of her life. That hurts. 

Not sure what to do now.

Children
No Data