New member with Aspergers and severe anxiety, please say hello!

Hello, people! I'm not sure what to say here, but I have diagnosed Aspergers along with all sorts of anxiety issues (BDD, general anxiety, terrified of phones, plenty of other situational anxieties) and depression. I don't really have any friends on or offline and I find myself emotionally unable to cope with people, so I'm horribly lonely. Hence being here!

(Incidentally I could go into a rant about how impossible it is as an adult to get any sort of support for these things but it really goes without saying, I've been sleeping on a sofa for the last few months and there's nothing I can do about it because of my fear :| )

Parents
  • Hi Almajo

You could try the Citizens Advice Bureau. They usually have offices, so you could call in and talk to someone. Your local library would tell you where to find them. Recently, someone mentioned in another post that they had been helped by a personal advocate, who could speak on their behalf. Mind (the charity) may be able to point you in the right direction for that. They sometimes have a high street charity shop, who will tell you how to get in touch with someone to talk to. My town has a mental health drop in centre too. Your doctors surgery may have posters in the waiting room telling you where to go, or a receptionist may give you an address. If they offer phone numbers, just tell them that you are unable to speak on the phone.

One of these groups should be able to help you obtain benefits, enabling you to be more independant. I know that talking to strangers can be daunting, but if you explain your problem, then I'm sure that one of these places will help you get the help you need. It is hard when you feel alone in the world, we all need someone to talk to at some point.

If you become very unhappy, then even the local Samaritans often have a drop in office, where you can talk to someone, ours does.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

• Hi Almajo

You could try the Citizens Advice Bureau. They usually have offices, so you could call in and talk to someone. Your local library would tell you where to find them. Recently, someone mentioned in another post that they had been helped by a personal advocate, who could speak on their behalf. Mind (the charity) may be able to point you in the right direction for that. They sometimes have a high street charity shop, who will tell you how to get in touch with someone to talk to. My town has a mental health drop in centre too. Your doctors surgery may have posters in the waiting room telling you where to go, or a receptionist may give you an address. If they offer phone numbers, just tell them that you are unable to speak on the phone.

One of these groups should be able to help you obtain benefits, enabling you to be more independant. I know that talking to strangers can be daunting, but if you explain your problem, then I'm sure that one of these places will help you get the help you need. It is hard when you feel alone in the world, we all need someone to talk to at some point.

If you become very unhappy, then even the local Samaritans often have a drop in office, where you can talk to someone, ours does.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Children
No Data