New member with Aspergers and severe anxiety, please say hello!

Hello, people! I'm not sure what to say here, but I have diagnosed Aspergers along with all sorts of anxiety issues (BDD, general anxiety, terrified of phones, plenty of other situational anxieties) and depression. I don't really have any friends on or offline and I find myself emotionally unable to cope with people, so I'm horribly lonely. Hence being here!

(Incidentally I could go into a rant about how impossible it is as an adult to get any sort of support for these things but it really goes without saying, I've been sleeping on a sofa for the last few months and there's nothing I can do about it because of my fear :| )

Parents
  • There doesn't seem to be any alternative to the phone in my experience; you're right too, I think that it basically amounts to discrimination. I've written a letter of complaint to the council about this and a similar letter to my MP regarding the wider legal and national policy implications but er, neither responded in any way.

One organisation which did allow me to communicate via email was a local autism charity, so props to them. Sadly the scheme they run that provides employment experience and support has a three month waiting list, but at least I am actually on it!

Best of luck to you with the diagnosis, and your son too :) 

• There doesn't seem to be any alternative to the phone in my experience; you're right too, I think that it basically amounts to discrimination. I've written a letter of complaint to the council about this and a similar letter to my MP regarding the wider legal and national policy implications but er, neither responded in any way.

One organisation which did allow me to communicate via email was a local autism charity, so props to them. Sadly the scheme they run that provides employment experience and support has a three month waiting list, but at least I am actually on it!

Best of luck to you with the diagnosis, and your son too :) 

Children
No Data