New member with Aspergers and severe anxiety, please say hello!

Hello, people! I'm not sure what to say here, but I have diagnosed Aspergers along with all sorts of anxiety issues (BDD, general anxiety, terrified of phones, plenty of other situational anxieties) and depression. I don't really have any friends on or offline and I find myself emotionally unable to cope with people, so I'm horribly lonely. Hence being here!

(Incidentally I could go into a rant about how impossible it is as an adult to get any sort of support for these things but it really goes without saying, I've been sleeping on a sofa for the last few months and there's nothing I can do about it because of my fear :| )

Parents
  • Well, what matters now is that you are here, you're able to talk to everyone here, and we hope that this can be of help to you.

I've had anxiety problems in the past, though not so severe, and was able to get through with a CBT counsellor. I don't know if this is an option for you, though, and given your phone problem, it might be hard to arrange. But can you contact a GP at all to discuss it? Do your parents have health workers of some kind looking in, who might be approachable?

• Well, what matters now is that you are here, you're able to talk to everyone here, and we hope that this can be of help to you.

I've had anxiety problems in the past, though not so severe, and was able to get through with a CBT counsellor. I don't know if this is an option for you, though, and given your phone problem, it might be hard to arrange. But can you contact a GP at all to discuss it? Do your parents have health workers of some kind looking in, who might be approachable?

Children
No Data