About us

Hi I'm new to the forum, I have a 2 year old son who is currently on the waiting list for autism diagnosis. He's far behind in his development and isn't talking or interacting at all. Our health visitor came out to see us a few weeks ago and she informed us she thinks its possible for him to be autistic as he is showing a lot of autistic traits. 

Myself and my husband don't know very much about autism and are feeling a little lost at the moment.

We don't know where to begin with learning about autism or helping our son. We feel very helpless at the moment and unsure of what we can do to help him. 

is there anyone here who has been in a similar situation if so could you please get in contact with us we could really do with some advice.

thanks everyone :) 

Parents
  • Thank you again for your advice. I think he has some trouble inderstanding when we are upset with him or playing with him. It's so hard at the moment because in just feel like they have told us he could be autistic and havent given us any advice at all on trying to help him. I get frustrated with myself because I feel like he needs my help yet I don't know what to do. Thank you for your advice I will try all of your suggestions :)

• Thank you again for your advice. I think he has some trouble inderstanding when we are upset with him or playing with him. It's so hard at the moment because in just feel like they have told us he could be autistic and havent given us any advice at all on trying to help him. I get frustrated with myself because I feel like he needs my help yet I don't know what to do. Thank you for your advice I will try all of your suggestions :)

Children
No Data