advice help needed someone please

Hi I am mum to a 19 year old autistic adhd child but more body and mind like 8-10 year old and play ages of 4-5 year old she as just been diagnosed with epilepsy to. 

She always wants her own way and keeps ontill she gets it if we are in a car and she wants a wee she expects to go right then if tell her to wait she will start crying ect. 

She is also disruptive if she knows we are going on a day out or something she don't want to do then she will play up have a melt down so we can't do it 

also her Melt downs are really bad crying screaming swearing wishing me dead very rude and saying dirty things Also she will punch her nose until it bleeds 

Also obsessed with the dead 

Also unless we give her what she wants to do ie her ds she will keep in till she gets it 

is is this normal 

Parents
  • Does not sound normal, but it is very difficult to work out what to suggest from the information. 

She has clearly learnt that if she persists she gets her way. But there may be more to it. Have you done any kind of sensory profile to try to figure out what some of the problems might be? It could be that her stress levels are just permanently too high for her to learn much or to cope. If you can figure out how to reduce her stress levels, you might get somewhere.

For example does going out overwhelm her to the point where she is overloaded? Or perhaps you have not given her enough information about where you are going. That would explain the behaviour when you want to go out.

Perhaps she is hypo-sensitive to bodily feelings and does not realise that she needs to wee until it is urgent. Or alternatively, perhaps she finds it hard to tell you that she needs to go in good time until forced to. Something called exposure anxiety can cause this problem. Without knowing more I cannot say whether this is bad behaviour or something more. 

• Does not sound normal, but it is very difficult to work out what to suggest from the information. 

She has clearly learnt that if she persists she gets her way. But there may be more to it. Have you done any kind of sensory profile to try to figure out what some of the problems might be? It could be that her stress levels are just permanently too high for her to learn much or to cope. If you can figure out how to reduce her stress levels, you might get somewhere.

For example does going out overwhelm her to the point where she is overloaded? Or perhaps you have not given her enough information about where you are going. That would explain the behaviour when you want to go out.

Perhaps she is hypo-sensitive to bodily feelings and does not realise that she needs to wee until it is urgent. Or alternatively, perhaps she finds it hard to tell you that she needs to go in good time until forced to. Something called exposure anxiety can cause this problem. Without knowing more I cannot say whether this is bad behaviour or something more. 

Children
No Data