A short introduction

Hello all,

I have just joined, so I’d like to take the opportunity to introduce myself: I am 38 and was finally diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome last autumn. I’ve been suffering from depression, anxiety and various difficulties in social situations for as long as I can remember, so I am quite happy that there finally seems to be an explanation to all this. Looking back at my life now, the signs of me being on the autistic spectrum appear to be so strikingly obvious right from a very early age. But when I was a young kid it was the late seventies/early eighties and then of course awareness of Asperger’s and high-functioning autism in general was a far cry from what it is now.

Speaking of that, I actually live in Germany where awareness of Asperger’s Syndrome and high-functioning autism still seems to be significantly behind the UK or the US and online resources are mostly not very good, to say the least. So I decided to join here and it feels like the right place as I have many friends in the UK and come here quite often.

So, as everything regarding Asperger’s and autism is still quite new to me, I will probably look around a bit and maybe ask the occasional question whenever the time is right.

Cheers
Andy

Parents Reply Children
No Data