Hi there from an adult

I was diagnosed with high functioning autism a couple of months ago, although my parents knew that delayed speach and my way of doing things were different :)  Since I was 15 I've been told I had schizophrenia, so I'm really pleased about the change in diagnosis, and this time I understand it.

I'm now 52, and have had many jobs, but have been unable to keep them.  I just don't fit in.  I trained as a teacher and I enjoy teaching kids with autism - now I wonder why I didn't see the similarities before?  Never mind.  I am having a good life, although I don't have any friends.  

I'm looking forward to getting to recognise a few people on here. Oh by the way I'm a woman - 

Looking forward to meeting other people.

M.

Parents
  • OK, so you can see what I write.  Good.

I am hoping to start my PhD in May.  I'm filling in the forms at the moment and getting lots of paper surrounding me!  I just wish I could fill in these forms seeing the mistakes on the computer screen, without having to print them all off, all the time.

M.

• OK, so you can see what I write.  Good.

I am hoping to start my PhD in May.  I'm filling in the forms at the moment and getting lots of paper surrounding me!  I just wish I could fill in these forms seeing the mistakes on the computer screen, without having to print them all off, all the time.

M.

Children
No Data