Aspie girl - newly diagnosed

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say a quick hello, since I'm newly diagnosed and finding it tough. I had no idea I was different!! I feel like I'm the only AS person who was clueless that they weren't "normal" Laughing

My husband finds it difficult communicating with me, and he did some online research and found that Asperger's was a good fit. Just had it officially diagnosed last month. It left me feeling pretty shocked! But all the pieces make sense now, having been described as 'hard work' when I was a kid and with problems sleeping.

The consultant said that I hide it well, but that all falls apart when I have a temper meltdown Frown Does anyone else suffer with these? Do you have any advice on how my NT partner and myself can handle these? I lose perspective and my tone becomes snappy.

We're based in East Anglia but there aren't many groups listed locally. Any advice you have on an AS/NT partnership would be much appreciated! It can literally be like we're speaking different languages!

Thank you in advance Smile

Parents
  • Hi all,

Glad to have found this forum. My journey of inventing myself came in the last 6 months after my 7 year old son underwent a test for AS.  Now it has been confirmed, i realised that he is a carbon copy of me when i was a child. Wondering mind, almost robotic in speech, brilliant in readng and writing but very poor in Maths.  Only different is that I hide my issues quite well being a company director and in control and delegating work to my staff.  when it comes to relationships its a bit different, I am married for 15 years but I dont have emotional feelings of others.  Anything from death of a near family to and not thinking it's important to buy a presents for loved ones. 

Also I have poor handwriting(irrelevant as everything is email and smartphones!).  I have been told that I am brilliant at handling a crisis, giving advice, providing solutions, planning an event and entertaining people but very stone cold when it comes to personal understanding of others, especially to anyone if they not well.

Worse thing is my temper. I am the nicest person generally but when someone seeks confrontation then i become a verbal monster!

Looking forward to hearing from similar people and should i go to a GP for a diagnoses? is there any point when I have kind of accepted that i am as Aspie?

• Hi all,

Glad to have found this forum. My journey of inventing myself came in the last 6 months after my 7 year old son underwent a test for AS.  Now it has been confirmed, i realised that he is a carbon copy of me when i was a child. Wondering mind, almost robotic in speech, brilliant in readng and writing but very poor in Maths.  Only different is that I hide my issues quite well being a company director and in control and delegating work to my staff.  when it comes to relationships its a bit different, I am married for 15 years but I dont have emotional feelings of others.  Anything from death of a near family to and not thinking it's important to buy a presents for loved ones. 

Also I have poor handwriting(irrelevant as everything is email and smartphones!).  I have been told that I am brilliant at handling a crisis, giving advice, providing solutions, planning an event and entertaining people but very stone cold when it comes to personal understanding of others, especially to anyone if they not well.

Worse thing is my temper. I am the nicest person generally but when someone seeks confrontation then i become a verbal monster!

Looking forward to hearing from similar people and should i go to a GP for a diagnoses? is there any point when I have kind of accepted that i am as Aspie?

Children
No Data