Aspie girl - newly diagnosed

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say a quick hello, since I'm newly diagnosed and finding it tough. I had no idea I was different!! I feel like I'm the only AS person who was clueless that they weren't "normal" Laughing

My husband finds it difficult communicating with me, and he did some online research and found that Asperger's was a good fit. Just had it officially diagnosed last month. It left me feeling pretty shocked! But all the pieces make sense now, having been described as 'hard work' when I was a kid and with problems sleeping.

The consultant said that I hide it well, but that all falls apart when I have a temper meltdown Frown Does anyone else suffer with these? Do you have any advice on how my NT partner and myself can handle these? I lose perspective and my tone becomes snappy.

We're based in East Anglia but there aren't many groups listed locally. Any advice you have on an AS/NT partnership would be much appreciated! It can literally be like we're speaking different languages!

Thank you in advance Smile

Parents
  • Hi! You are definitely not alone with the meltdowns. Not in a relationship though so few people get to see me in action! I don't do queues either - have lost count of the number of times I have stomped out of supermarkets abandoning trolleys of shopping when I see the queue or when those stupid b****y self service tills go wrong. Work in a job where my patience is constantly tested, live in fear of one day flipping out at someone, as I do a pretty good impression of that head-spinning scene in the Exorcist!

Going to the GP later to ask for a referral, am very nervous. GP is lovely though, we get on very well, so am a bit worried she is just going to tell me I'm fine.

• Hi! You are definitely not alone with the meltdowns. Not in a relationship though so few people get to see me in action! I don't do queues either - have lost count of the number of times I have stomped out of supermarkets abandoning trolleys of shopping when I see the queue or when those stupid b****y self service tills go wrong. Work in a job where my patience is constantly tested, live in fear of one day flipping out at someone, as I do a pretty good impression of that head-spinning scene in the Exorcist!

Going to the GP later to ask for a referral, am very nervous. GP is lovely though, we get on very well, so am a bit worried she is just going to tell me I'm fine.

Children
No Data