Overwhelmed

Hi everyone I am a mum of two currently going through diagnosis for my 2 1\2 year old son and have a 5month old baby.  I am currently on maternity leave and with this recent news I just don't know if I should go back to work.  I have no idea how much therapy my son will be offered ? I want to do whatever I can to help him but also think work is an escape from what at times can be challenging. 

I feel alone overwhelmed and uninformed at what will happen after diagnosis? 

Parents
  • That is my approach information is power ! Just in the waiting stage at the moment we go to autistic in Feb for the diagnosis which I know will be a definite . I have a great family support network two members of the family also work with autistic children which is great and my husband is amazing.  

We have sent forms off for portage and early years key worker but other than that I have no idea what we will be entitled to as far a therapy and benefits there is so much information its difficult to see what's correct.

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it

• That is my approach information is power ! Just in the waiting stage at the moment we go to autistic in Feb for the diagnosis which I know will be a definite . I have a great family support network two members of the family also work with autistic children which is great and my husband is amazing.  

We have sent forms off for portage and early years key worker but other than that I have no idea what we will be entitled to as far a therapy and benefits there is so much information its difficult to see what's correct.

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it

Children
No Data