Ex carer now in need of one

I have been a full time carer, strong, able to lift another. 

Now I am a shadow of myself, awaiting diagnosis which will hopefully be of some use. 

How many I wonder are strong in their youth and crumble increasingly as their mid years progress. Becoming old before their time. 

Being a wheelchair bound wreck and being somewhere at the upper end of the ASD spectrum, is really no fun at all. 

Parents
  • Hi again.  Is it your health that is preventing you being useful to somebody?  There are many people who would appreciate someone who would be willing to help them.  Have you thought of checking out the "do it.org" site where people can volunteer?  If you are no longer able to be a volunteer, then the names/addresses of the charities who post there may point you in the direction of having a volunteer coming to see you or perhaps that volunteer would like to go on outings with you : shops, places of interest, Drs, dentist, etc.  I think you can claim DLA fpr autism so that wd be some extra money, altho you might have to appeal their initial decision if they refuse to grant you it.  I am unclear if you already claim this or not.  Have you a social worker?  They can be useful sometimes in organising support etc.  It sounds to me (apologies if I've got this wrong) that you are depressed by your situation.  Ill health is depressing.  Some people with ongoing illnesses take anti depressants + say this helps their mood.   Good luck with everything.

• Hi again.  Is it your health that is preventing you being useful to somebody?  There are many people who would appreciate someone who would be willing to help them.  Have you thought of checking out the "do it.org" site where people can volunteer?  If you are no longer able to be a volunteer, then the names/addresses of the charities who post there may point you in the direction of having a volunteer coming to see you or perhaps that volunteer would like to go on outings with you : shops, places of interest, Drs, dentist, etc.  I think you can claim DLA fpr autism so that wd be some extra money, altho you might have to appeal their initial decision if they refuse to grant you it.  I am unclear if you already claim this or not.  Have you a social worker?  They can be useful sometimes in organising support etc.  It sounds to me (apologies if I've got this wrong) that you are depressed by your situation.  Ill health is depressing.  Some people with ongoing illnesses take anti depressants + say this helps their mood.   Good luck with everything.

Children
No Data