Ex carer now in need of one

I have been a full time carer, strong, able to lift another. 

Now I am a shadow of myself, awaiting diagnosis which will hopefully be of some use. 

How many I wonder are strong in their youth and crumble increasingly as their mid years progress. Becoming old before their time. 

Being a wheelchair bound wreck and being somewhere at the upper end of the ASD spectrum, is really no fun at all. 

Parents
  • The person I cared for died nearly five years ago. Some months after it was thought that my life expectancy was not long, grief takes its toll. I had become a shadow of myself, not yet a wreck.

Now I am increasingly a wreck, I used to enjoy walking, quiet with nothing in my head except the wind and bird song. Now thats over, a wheelchair around the bungalow I exist in, and taken out occasionally by a relunctant sister.

I at least have a more reasonable income now, "Support Group" on ESA, after going through the dreaded ATOS.

I await PIP, "rheumatoid" and the "Apergers" diagnoses. Money from PIP could be used to pay for a carer to come in for a few hours a week. The ASD diagnoses I really do not know how or if that will help, my evident 'oddity' is sufficient for most.

I would really like to be of use, wanted. Focusing on another is so much better than 'rotting', in a state between being awake and asleep.

• The person I cared for died nearly five years ago. Some months after it was thought that my life expectancy was not long, grief takes its toll. I had become a shadow of myself, not yet a wreck.

Now I am increasingly a wreck, I used to enjoy walking, quiet with nothing in my head except the wind and bird song. Now thats over, a wheelchair around the bungalow I exist in, and taken out occasionally by a relunctant sister.

I at least have a more reasonable income now, "Support Group" on ESA, after going through the dreaded ATOS.

I await PIP, "rheumatoid" and the "Apergers" diagnoses. Money from PIP could be used to pay for a carer to come in for a few hours a week. The ASD diagnoses I really do not know how or if that will help, my evident 'oddity' is sufficient for most.

I would really like to be of use, wanted. Focusing on another is so much better than 'rotting', in a state between being awake and asleep.

Children
No Data