Ex carer now in need of one

I have been a full time carer, strong, able to lift another. 

Now I am a shadow of myself, awaiting diagnosis which will hopefully be of some use. 

How many I wonder are strong in their youth and crumble increasingly as their mid years progress. Becoming old before their time. 

Being a wheelchair bound wreck and being somewhere at the upper end of the ASD spectrum, is really no fun at all. 

Parents
  • Hi, caring takes its toll even if a person remains healthy for a long period of time.  Stress certainly doesn't help at all + can make a person ill.  I hope you get your diagnosis soon so that you can get appropriate treatment to help you.  And, no, being ill is definately "no fun at all", quite the reverse.  Are you still trying to care for someone, despite being unwell yourself + what help are you getting or hoping to get in that respect for the caree + you?

• Hi, caring takes its toll even if a person remains healthy for a long period of time.  Stress certainly doesn't help at all + can make a person ill.  I hope you get your diagnosis soon so that you can get appropriate treatment to help you.  And, no, being ill is definately "no fun at all", quite the reverse.  Are you still trying to care for someone, despite being unwell yourself + what help are you getting or hoping to get in that respect for the caree + you?

Children
No Data