Hi,

New to the site but looking forward to meeting new friends and learning a lot.

My little girl is in the process of being assessed but the consultant says she is 90% sure she is autistic and 10% going towards learning difficulties.

I am still learning a lot about autism as such a broad subject. Just happy to have found this forum to read that I am not the only parent going through it.

Look forward to hearing from anyone.Smile 

Parents
  • Helen31 said:

Yes I understand,  I definitely wouldn't want my work knowing, I know in this day and age employers aren't meant to discriminate but I think a lot of places still do. I don't really want any of the people I know to treat me differently,  just to maybe be a little bit understanding about some of my "quirks".

IN my case, I'm being made redundant (nothing to do with Asperger's or anything related). Strictly speaking, Asperger's would be seen as a disadvantge in my current job and, on reflection, has caused odd problems, although my overall "track record" is good to very good

• Helen31 said:

Yes I understand,  I definitely wouldn't want my work knowing, I know in this day and age employers aren't meant to discriminate but I think a lot of places still do. I don't really want any of the people I know to treat me differently,  just to maybe be a little bit understanding about some of my "quirks".

IN my case, I'm being made redundant (nothing to do with Asperger's or anything related). Strictly speaking, Asperger's would be seen as a disadvantge in my current job and, on reflection, has caused odd problems, although my overall "track record" is good to very good

Children
No Data