just been diagnosed and i am very upset and confused

hi ..i have just been diagnosed with aspergers and i am look for some advice on strange period ....Cry

Parents
  • Just diagnosed also...

I have been searching so hard to find an answer to my anxiety and my constant feeling of unrest and nausea. I was over looked for autism due to me trying to attribute my feelings to a recent head injury. It took years to realize that I have always felt this way, and it was not a result of head trauma. The word autism was used so often in my life I refused to think that was the reason for my ill feelings. Now that I have been diagnosed, The ill feelings are exagerated and more upsetting. I can hardly believe that this horrible blanket I am smothered in is explained in just one word. I research every day what I am feeling, and it always fits neatly into the spectrum analisys. It makes me run back through past events in my life and puts a new perspective on my struggles.

I am scared.

• Just diagnosed also...

I have been searching so hard to find an answer to my anxiety and my constant feeling of unrest and nausea. I was over looked for autism due to me trying to attribute my feelings to a recent head injury. It took years to realize that I have always felt this way, and it was not a result of head trauma. The word autism was used so often in my life I refused to think that was the reason for my ill feelings. Now that I have been diagnosed, The ill feelings are exagerated and more upsetting. I can hardly believe that this horrible blanket I am smothered in is explained in just one word. I research every day what I am feeling, and it always fits neatly into the spectrum analisys. It makes me run back through past events in my life and puts a new perspective on my struggles.

I am scared.

Children
No Data