Married to a autistic man

Hello,

I'm hoping I will be able to connect to other ladies who are in a similar position to me.

Life at home is strained and for me sometimes very lonely.

My husband hasn't received his formal diagnosis but there are strong indications that he is autistic.

We are both struggling to communicate without arguments and upsets.

I really need some help but don't know where to turn.

Thank you in advance.

Lynne 

Parents
  • I come from the other side. I worry I'm the man you are describing. I can play the role and be active and engaged but if I'm relaxed or struggling I can just go quiet.

What brought you together in the first place?

Maybe your relationship has run it's course or it maybe a communication issue. I struggle to open a difficult discussion and to express how I feel.

Ask the question at least you will know or it maybe enough to start the conversation.

Good luck 

• I come from the other side. I worry I'm the man you are describing. I can play the role and be active and engaged but if I'm relaxed or struggling I can just go quiet.

What brought you together in the first place?

Maybe your relationship has run it's course or it maybe a communication issue. I struggle to open a difficult discussion and to express how I feel.

Ask the question at least you will know or it maybe enough to start the conversation.

Good luck 

Children
No Data