Camouflage-ing

I listened to this utube video about autism this week and it mentioned masking- knew about that and do it- but then camouflage-ing. Sorry no idea how to spell that. 

It said autistic people slip in a room unnoticed and camouflage. I realised I do this so much.

In fact I have recently done this on this forum. 

I left for a couple or 3 years and just turned up again unannounced camouflage-ing. I don't want to do this now I realise that I do.  So sorry about that and a polite hello I am back to you all.

Parents
  • Being the archetypical "Big Man" of my family, my ability to camouflage has been used for much mischief. There's a reason my family calls me Lurch (Addams Family). I actually need to take care to be less stealthy, as my old gran startles easily. I'm the only one in the family that knocks at her door and waits to be let in because of it. Not that anyone asked me to, mind. But sometimes if I visit while it's dark out, I can be standing at her doorway, under the porch light, looking right at her as she peers through the hall window, looking right my way. Then she opens the door and jumps out of her skin because apparently me standing under a bright light is too stealthy.

• Being the archetypical "Big Man" of my family, my ability to camouflage has been used for much mischief. There's a reason my family calls me Lurch (Addams Family). I actually need to take care to be less stealthy, as my old gran startles easily. I'm the only one in the family that knocks at her door and waits to be let in because of it. Not that anyone asked me to, mind. But sometimes if I visit while it's dark out, I can be standing at her doorway, under the porch light, looking right at her as she peers through the hall window, looking right my way. Then she opens the door and jumps out of her skin because apparently me standing under a bright light is too stealthy.

Children
No Data