Looking for people to talk to

Hi, I'm a 25 year old female and am looking for some friends on here to speak to. It's hard making new friends so I recon this is a great place to start.

A few things about myself, I was just diagnosed this year and am learning new things about myself everyday. Some of my hobbies include photography, birds, bees, animals, harry potter and gaming.  

Naturally I'm a very shy person in real life due to extreme social phobia, but I enjoy chatting with people online and always do my best to respond as soon as I can. I have a fiancé who I have been with for 7 years now, engaged for 3 years and I will be moving in with him at the beginning of next year! We are both autistic and require a bit more help than neurotypicals so we will be starting out living with his parents, possibly in an annex or very close to his parents house if any surrounding houses become available.

I hope you can understand, I would prefer to speak to people who are 20+ as I feel friendships with younger people a bit uncomfortable. 

• I'm glad you've struck lucky there, because I've learnt from experience that two autistic people can still be completely different.

I like Mario Kart, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro etc - all those classic platformers on the Switch!

• It definitely helps because he is so understanding. It's actually because of him that I started to research autism and looked for a diagnosis! 

I'll list my top 10 games and which console! These are NOT in a particular order.

1. The Walking Dead Telltale ( I like pretty much all of the telltale games, and I play these on PS5)
    2. Police Simulator ( PS5) 
    3. Animal Crossing (Switch)
    4. Stardew Valley (Switch, but I also have it for PC)
    5. The Last of Us I & II ( PS5)
    6. Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS5)
    7. DayZ (PS5)
    8. I like horror games such as Madison and Layers of Fear ( Both PS5)
    9. The Life is Strange games (PS5)
    10. Hogwarts Legacy (PS5)

I have more games but if I listed all the ones I enjoyed I'd be here for a very long time haha! Do you play any of the ones I've listed?

• Welcome! What games do you like?

I imagine it helps having a partner who's also autistic as you'll likely (though not always a guarantee) be on the same page.

• P.S. Here's my bee hotel (the picture is a few months old, but it still looks like that and fully booked!)

• Hi Freckles, I like the new name and picture!

I'm sure that you will find similar people to chat to here. You already have been, but look out for other threads too. I personally recommend Desmond's "3 Good Things (Redux)" thread.

I think notifications aren't working at the moment, and there is a site upgrade soon. It normally works a bit better than this.

I know that you are having problems with friends, and I am sorry to hear that, but it is great that you are in such a long term relationship and engaged to another autistic. (I'm also in a neurodiverse relationship - my wife is dyslexic) You are very lucky!