Newbie here advice

Hi there , daughter is nearly 17 and missed a lot of education as school failed her , so been at home long time and got diagnosed with autism last year, I’m her carer and it’s just me and her no family , I’m on benefits and she gets pip but now they want to stop £330 month because she can’t go to college because of her mental health as she don’t leave the house , I seriously feel like we are being punished because of her autism and mental health , as we all know the benefit system is crap and living today in this country is so exspensive , is this right ? 

Parents
  • Wanting to stop the payments because she can't attend college does sound strange. When I was her age, the situation was that I could only attend college part time, as being able to handle a full time workload would disqualify me from my award. But, you can appeal decisions, and that will lead to you getting outside judges that will sit in a room with you and your daughter as you discuss her case. That's what happened with me when they tried to end my benefits. A year later, in the appeal court, the doctors told them that not only did I qualify for PIP, I should have been given a higher rate than they awarded me. The backdated money was then given to me at this new rate, so pretty happy days after having to live very frugal for a while.

• me too I'm new here too and maybe we can get know each other better and maybe we can be friends too and what's are your hobbies do you like

Reply Children
No Data