For the oldies - Ladybird's books

I went to St Albans museum today with my parent-in-laws.

They had a small exhibition of Ladybird book art work.

It was a real trip down memory lane, with pictures that I have not seen since Primary school in the 70s.

Parents
  • Thanks so much for sharing those - recognised some old friends there alright. Such captivating little worlds in each, and I can still vividly recall the unique way they felt and smelled. Some of the covers that have most stayed with me are the ones with a slight sense of scary discomfort on the front (hauntology vibes, with hindsight) - like that 'magic porridge pot' lady's look of abject horror at the unfolding calamity's moment of genesis. 

• A pleasing little synchronicity - for the first time in ages I saw a ladybird yesterday. I was sitting in a park and it had somehow alighted upon my lap. So I let it wander about a bit before safely getting it back to the grass. 'Ladybird, ladybird, fly away home...' ... and I won't say the rest as I hope its fam were all OK. 

• A pleasing little synchronicity - for the first time in ages I saw a ladybird yesterday. I was sitting in a park and it had somehow alighted upon my lap. So I let it wander about a bit before safely getting it back to the grass. 'Ladybird, ladybird, fly away home...' ... and I won't say the rest as I hope its fam were all OK. 

Children
No Data