Is it normal for a guy with ASD to struggle with maintaining communication (e.g. texting, phone calls or even video calls) when dating?

The guy in question is affectionate and initiates physical contact and intimacy a lot when we're together but only seems to struggle with maintaining communication in between meet ups, either through texts (often takes a long time to reply) and says he often gets quite mentally tired with phone calls or video calls

Parents
  • I agree with people here on what our 'default' setting is. I am the same. But, relationships are a two way street. If something is important to you then you should feel able to tell them and explain why.

My wife mentioned in my assessment how I never called her when she was away. Now I make an effort to call her to make her feel special, as she knows and understands that it is difficult for me.

You should want to make allowances for them, but they should want to make allowances for you.

• I agree with people here on what our 'default' setting is. I am the same. But, relationships are a two way street. If something is important to you then you should feel able to tell them and explain why.

My wife mentioned in my assessment how I never called her when she was away. Now I make an effort to call her to make her feel special, as she knows and understands that it is difficult for me.

You should want to make allowances for them, but they should want to make allowances for you.

Children
No Data