Just want to talk

Hi,

I have been struggling with my mental health recently.
I was diagnosed with Autism 6 weeks ago and just diagnosed with ADHD as well 2 days ago.

I now find myself in a bit of a rut, I am struggling with my new job and not sure if I can stick at it but my family keeps telling me to stick it out.
I have so many thoughts and feelings just racing through me that I am struggling to keep up. I am making myself ill with so much anxiety.

I could really use a unrelated person to talk to for an open and honest conversation to hopefully feel somewhat normal again but I have no idea where to find it.

Parents
  • Is it possible to take some time off, even if its just a few days? Sometimes a break is needed in order to then make decisions about what you want to do. Its easy for others to say "stick it out" when they're not the ones in the situation. At the end of the day you got to make decisions in your best interest, if you're struggling too much sticking it out isn't going to be beneficial. That said, how recently did you start the new job? Because some people struggle starting new routines and being in different environments, it is possible that you may need more time to adjust and sticking it out is the only way to get there. That's why I think its important you spend some time to really think about why you feel like you're struggling at work and if the reasons why are related to work or not. 

Do you think you've struggled more after receiving your diagnosis for ASD? Because I think people can feel worse after receiving a diagnosis for a bit, I did but I don't speak for everyone of course. 

• Is it possible to take some time off, even if its just a few days? Sometimes a break is needed in order to then make decisions about what you want to do. Its easy for others to say "stick it out" when they're not the ones in the situation. At the end of the day you got to make decisions in your best interest, if you're struggling too much sticking it out isn't going to be beneficial. That said, how recently did you start the new job? Because some people struggle starting new routines and being in different environments, it is possible that you may need more time to adjust and sticking it out is the only way to get there. That's why I think its important you spend some time to really think about why you feel like you're struggling at work and if the reasons why are related to work or not. 

Do you think you've struggled more after receiving your diagnosis for ASD? Because I think people can feel worse after receiving a diagnosis for a bit, I did but I don't speak for everyone of course. 

Children
  • I wish I could take time off but I have only been there a month. I have called in sick today because I was unwell last night... I fear that I am letting anxiety get the better of me.

This is what I am struggling with... how do I know if I am just struggling to adjust or whether this is just not right for me?

I have definitely found it overwhelming with this diagnosis but I am finding it hard to pin point what it is that is making me feel this way and what I can do to make things better