Favourite U.K. holiday places

Hello everyone,

we are thinking of having a shortish budget holiday in the U.K. and would be interested to hear any recommendations you might have.

What are your favourite places for a holiday or weekend break in the U.K.? 
preferably nowhere too busy or hectic - we like fairly quiet places - not big crowds. Definitely not a big city.

Any ideas?

Thanks Blush

Parents
  • Hello,

I stayed in a cottage in Bawdsey, Suffolk last year and it was located on a quiet street, near to the coast. I loved it and spent a week cycling around the area, visiting cafes. There is so much to see and people were friendly and had connections to my local area which was fun. I will go back again soon.  

• I remember going to Shingle Street years ago - and I’ve just googled Bawdsey - and found it’s near there. Suffolk is good for cycling - not too many hills! 

• Hello,

Yes, I cycled to Shingle Street after reading about it. Quite an isolated, lone street. I enjoyed a walk around Rendlesham forest, which was the alleged UFO landing site in 1980. Yes, not many hills but it floods on the flat and I had to make a few diversions. I loved the coffee at Pump St bakery in Orfordnes, blew my head off with the caffeine.  

• Yes - we went to that bakery once - it’s really good. We really like The Black Dog Deli too (in Walberswick and Yoxford). I stop drinking coffee years ago - I have really bad anxiety and it’s the last thing I need!

Reply Children
No Data