Hi, lurking in the background

Hi all.  I'm in my mid 50s, self diagnosed after 3 different people presumed I was anyway at the beginning of the year. Always felt out of step like I didn't fit in, introvert, odd one out. I think it grew more noticeable after Menopause set in. Kicker. Still learning and working it all out, depends on the day. Always had inability to look to the future, but also struggle to remember more than just snap shots of my past and never remember names etc. I am creative but finding it harder and harder to actually start anything. Lost one career after 30 years, still trying to work it all out. Would really love to disappear into the woods and live there. 

Photography is my thing, woods and trees, sea, not people. Hoping to learn and maybe just touch base. 

Parents
  • Welcome. I too an self diagnosed after much research to support my son. Interesting thought re menopause and also Arise mentioned losing someone. I think both are applicable to me. I was in my late 50 s when I came to that conclusion after losing my last parent. This Forum has been helpful in realizing I am not alone in difficulties I face. Somehow when I was younger I got by, but now so much is a struggle. 

I used to do a lot of photography of woods, flowers scenery etc.and had a good camera for this, but pre digital. I currently use my phone for photography and since being a parent have had less time for it. There are some people on here who are very skilled with digital photography and I have enjoyed many of their posts. There is a thread on here somewhere with them. I look forward to seeing some of your photography.

• Hi, lovely to hear from you! I used to use mainly film, medium format mostly, and hated the big digital cameras. Then I found a small digital Leica second hand and was hooked so that's all I use now, apart from an occasional bit of film or instant. Phone photos can be just as good these days though, it doesn't matter what kind of camera your use, it's only what you make on it that counts at the end of the day! Honestly, my phone has taken better photos than my cameras on occasion! 

I'll have a look for the photo thread though, thanks! 

• Hi, lovely to hear from you! I used to use mainly film, medium format mostly, and hated the big digital cameras. Then I found a small digital Leica second hand and was hooked so that's all I use now, apart from an occasional bit of film or instant. Phone photos can be just as good these days though, it doesn't matter what kind of camera your use, it's only what you make on it that counts at the end of the day! Honestly, my phone has taken better photos than my cameras on occasion! 

I'll have a look for the photo thread though, thanks! 

Children
No Data